Pololu 12V, 2.2A Step-Down Voltage Regulator D24V22F12
This small synchronous switching step-down (or buck) regulator takes an input voltage of up to 36 V and efficiently reduces it to 12 V.
The board measures only 0.7″ × 0.7″ yet delivers typical continuous output currents between 1.4 A and 2.2 A, depending on the input voltage, which makes this regulator well suited for powering moderate loads like sensors or small motors.
An optional enable input can be used to put the regulator in a low-power state with a current draw of 5 µA to 10 µA per volt on VIN.
The regulator also features reverse voltage protection and a power-good output indicates when the regulator cannot adequately maintain the output voltage.
The D24V22Fx family of step-down voltage regulators generates lower output voltages from input voltages as high as 36 V. They are synchronous switching regulators (also called switched-mode power supplies (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converters) with typical efficiencies of 85% to 95%, which is much more efficient than linear voltage regulators, especially when the difference between the input and output voltage is large. These regulators can typically support continuous output currents between 1.4 A and 2.6 A, though the actual available output current is a function of the input voltage and efficiency (see the Typical efficiency and Maximum continuous output current sections below). In general, the available output current is a little higher for the lower-voltage versions than it is for the higher-voltage versions, and it decreases as the input voltage increases.
These regulators have a typical quiescent (no load) current draw of around 1 mA, and an enable pin can be used to put the boards in a low-power state that reduces the quiescent current to approximately 5 µA to 10 µA per volt on VIN.
The modules have built-in reverse-voltage protection, short-circuit protection, a thermal shutdown feature that helps prevent damage from overheating, and a soft-start feature that reduces inrush current.
- Input voltage: [output voltage + dropout voltage] to 36 V
- Fixed 12 V output with 4% accuracy
- Typical maximum continuous output currents between 1.4 A abd 2.6 A
- Typical efficiency of 85% to 95%, depending on input voltage, output voltage, and load
- Switching frequency: ~400 kHz
- Integrated reverse-voltage protection, over-current and short-circuit protection, over-temperature shutoff, and soft-start
- 1 mA typical no-load quiescent current; this can be reduced to approximately 5 µA to 10 µA per volt on VIN by disabling the board
- “Power good” output indicates when the regulator cannot adequately maintain the output voltage
- Compact size: 0.7″ × 0.7″ × 0.31″ (17.8 mm × 17.8 mm × 8 mm)
- Two 0.086″ mounting holes for #2 or M2 screws
|Size:||0.7″ × 0.7″ × 0.31″|
|Minimum operating voltage:||12.7 V|
|Maximum operating voltage:||36 V|
|Continuous output current:||1.9 A|
|Output voltage:||12 V|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||Y|
|Maximum quiescent current:||4 mA|
16 other products in the same category: