STSPIN820 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier
This breakout board for STMicro’s STSPIN820 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver offers microstepping down to 1/256-step and a wide operating range of 7 V to 45 V. It can deliver up to approximately 0.9 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow (up to 1.5 A peak).
This product is a carrier board or breakout board for the STSPIN820 stepper motor driver from STMicroelectronics (ST). This stepper motor driver offers microstep resolutions down to 1/256 of a step, and it lets you control one bipolar stepper motor at up to approximately 0.9 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow.
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Eight different step resolutions down to 256 microsteps: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, 1/32-step, 1/128-step, and 1/256-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Motor supply voltage: 7 V to 45 V (for a lower-voltage alternative, consider the STSPIN220 carrier, which operates from 1.8 V to 10 V)
- Can deliver 0.9 A per phase continuously without additional cooling
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and short circuit protection
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
The STSPIN820 stepper motor driver carrier ships with one 1×16-pin breakaway 0.1″ male headers (for a version of this carrier with header pins already installed, see item #2879). The headers can be soldered in for use with solderless breadboards or 0.1″ female connectors. You can also solder your motor leads and other connections directly to the board.
|Size:||0.6″ × 0.8″|
|Minimum operating voltage:||7 V|
|Maximum operating voltage:||45 V|
|Continuous current per phase:||0.9 A|
|Maximum current per phase:||1.5 A|
|Minimum logic voltage:||2 V|
|Maximum logic voltage:||5.5 V|
|Microstep resolutions:||full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/128, 1/256|
|Current limit control:||potentiometer|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||N|
|Header pins soldered?:||N|