TB67S249FTG Stepper Motor Driver Compact Carrier
This breakout board for Toshiba’s TB67S249FTG microstepping bipoloar stepper motor driver is arranged in the popular 16-pin Pololu form factor. It features adjustable current limiting and seven microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step). It dynamically selects an optimal decay mode by monitoring the actual motor current, and it can automatically reduce the driving current below the full amount when the motor is lightly loaded to minimize power and heat. The TB67S249FTG has a wide operating voltage range of 10 V to 47 V, and our carrier board can deliver approximately 1.6 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow (up to 4.5 A peak). It features built-in protection against under-voltage, over-current, and over-temperature conditions.
This product is a carrier board or breakout board for Toshiba’s TB67S2x9FTG family of stepper motor drivers.
This stepper motor driver lets you control one bipolar stepper motor and is available in two different versions: the TB67S249FTG can deliver about 1.6 A per phase continuously (4.5 A peak), and the TB67S279FTG can deliver about 1.1 A per phase continuously (2 A peak).
Here are some of the board’s key features:
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Seven different step modes: full-step, non-circular half-step, circular half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor’s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
- Advanced Dynamic Mixed Decay (ADMD) dynamically switches between slow and fast decay modes by monitoring the state of current decay (not according to fixed timing)
- Configurable Active Gain Control (AGC) can be enabled to automatically reduce drive current by up to 40% to minimize power consumption and heat generation when maximum torque is not needed.
- Motor supply voltage: 10 V to 47 V
- Maximum continuous current per phase without additional cooling:
- TB67S249FTG: 1.6 A (4.5 A peak)
- TB67S279FTG: 1.1 A (2 A peak)
- Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
- Under-voltage lockout and protection against over-current/short-circuit and over-temperature
- Open-load detection
- Active-low error outputs indicate over-current, over-temperature, or open-load condition
- Compact size (0.6″ × 0.8″)
- 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
|Size:||0.6″ × 0.8″|
|Minimum operating voltage:||10 V|
|Maximum operating voltage:||47 V|
|Continuous current per phase:||1.6 A|
|Maximum current per phase:||4.5 A|
|Minimum logic voltage:||2 V|
|Maximum logic voltage:||5.5 V|
|Microstep resolutions:||full, non-circular 1/2, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32|
|Current limit control:||potentiometer|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||N|
|Header pins soldered?:||N|