VNH5019 Motor Driver Carrier
This carrier board for ST’s VNH5019 motor driver IC operates from 5.5 to 24 V and can deliver a continuous 12 A (30 A peak). It works with 2.5 to 5 V logic levels, supports ultrasonic (up to 20 kHz) PWM, and features current sense feedback (an analog voltage proportional to the motor current). Along with built-in protection against reverse-voltage, over-voltage, under-voltage, over-temperature, and over-current, these features make this product a great general-purpose motor driver.
This module is a compact breakout board for ST’s high-power VNH5019 motor driver IC, a fully integrated H-bridge that can be used for bidirectional speed control of a single brushed DC motor.
The board incorporates most of the components of the typical application, including pull-up and current-limiting resistors and a FET for reverse battery protection. It ships fully populated with its SMD components, including the VNH5019, as shown in the product picture.
- Operating voltage: 5.5 – 24 V1
- Output current: 12 A continuous (30 maximum)
- 3V-compatible inputs
- PWM operation up to 20 kHz, which is ultrasonic and allows for quieter motor operation
- Current sense output proportional to motor current (approx. 140 mV/A; only active while H-bridge is driving)
- Motor indicator LEDs (indicates what the outputs are doing even when no motor is connected)
- Reverse-voltage protection to -16 V
- Can survive input voltages up to 41 V
- Undervoltage and overvoltage shutdown
- High-side and low-side thermal shutdown
- Short-to-ground and short-to-Vcc protection
Note: While the overvoltage protection typically kicks in at 27 V, it can trigger at voltages as low as 24 V, so we do not recommend using this motor driver with 24 V batteries, which significantly exceed 24 V when fully charged.
|Size:||1.50″ × 1.1″ × 0.30″|
|Minimum operating voltage:||5.5 V|
|Maximum operating voltage:||24 V|
|Continuous output current per channel:||12 A|
|Peak output current per channel:||30 A|
|Current sense:||0.14 V/A|
|Maximum PWM frequency:||20 kHz|
|Reverse voltage protection?:||Y|
16 other products in the same category: