Adafruit LoRa Radio FeatherWing - RFM95W 433 MHz - RadioFruit
Add short-hop wireless to your Feather with this RadioFruit Featherwing. One add-on for any Feather board will let you integrate LoRa radio.
This radio is good options for kilometer-range radio, and paired with one of our WiFi, cellular or Bluetooth Feathers, will let you bridge from 433 MHz to the Internet or your mobile device.
The LoRa radio is exciting, longer-range and powerful.
LoRa capable radio at 433 MHz for use in Europe ITU 1 license-free ISM, or for amateur use with restrictions (check your local amateur regulations!)
The exact radio frequency is determined when you load the software since it can be tuned around dynamically. These are +20dBm LoRa packet radios that have a special radio modulation that is not compatible with the RFM69s but can go much much farther. They can easily go 2 Km line of sight using simple wire antennas, or up to 20Km with directional antennas and settings tweakings.
- SX127x LoRa® based module with SPI interface
- Packet radio with ready-to-go Arduino libraries
- Uses the license-free ISM bands
- +5 to +20 dBm up to 100 mW Power Output Capability (power output selectable in software)
- ~300uA during full sleep, ~120mA peak during +20dBm transmit, ~40mA during active radio listening.
- Our initial tests with default library settings: over 1.2mi/2Km line-of-sight with wire quarter-wave antennas. (With setting tweaking and directional antennas, 20Km is possible
Product Dimensions: 51.0mm x 22.8mm x 3.8mm / 2.0" x 0.9" x 0.1"
Product Weight: 4.8g / 0.2oz