ACS724 Current Sensor Carrier -20A to +20A
This board is a simple carrier of Allegro’s bidirectional ±20A ACS724LLCTR-20AB Hall effect-based linear current sensor, which offers a low-resistance (~1.2 mΩ) current path and electrical isolation up to 2.4 kV RMS. This version accepts a bidirectional current input with a magnitude up to 20 A and outputs a proportional analog voltage (100 mV/A) centered at 2.5 V with a typical error of ±0.8%. It operates from 4.5 V to 5.5 V and is intended for use in 5 V systems.
This current sensor is a carrier board or breakout board for Allegro’s ACS724 Hall effect-based linear current sensors.
The following list details some of the sensor’s key features:
- Differential Hall sensing rejects common-mode fields, the orientation of the sensor relative to the Earth’s magnetic field does not affect the measurement
- The conductive path internal resistance is typically 1.2 mΩ, and the PCB is made with 2-oz copper, so very little power is lost in the board.
- Use of a Hall effect sensor means the IC is able to electrically isolate the current path from the sensor’s electronics (up to 2.4 kV RMS), which allows the sensor to be inserted anywhere along the current path and to be used in applications that require electrical isolation.
- High 120 kHz bandwidth for faster response times in control applications.
- Filter pin allows user to filter the output for improved resolution at lower bandwidth.
- Integrated digital temperature compensation circuitry allows for near closed loop accuracy over temperature in an open loop sensor.
- Automotive-grade operating temperature range of -40°C to 150°C.
|Size:||0.7" x 0.8"|
|Current sense:||0.100 V/A|
|Minimum logic voltage:||4.5 V|
|Maximum logic voltage:||5.5 V|
|Supply current:||14 mA|
|Version:||-20A to +20A|